Association Of Radio & Television Engineering Employees
held a day long Hunger Strike in front of Akashwani Bhawan.
The Hunger Strike is in continuation with the series of agitational steps
initiated by ARTEE for the last 3 months to highlight the apathetic attitude
of authorities towards the issues of Engineering Employees.
During the lunch hour a huge gathering of over 500 employees of AIR and
Doordarshan belonging to Engineering as well as Programme Cadres attended
the Gate meeting. Gate meeting was addressed by the leaders of PSA, ADTEA,
ADEA,AIR Group D Union and CCW Employees Association.
Leaders expressed their strong resentment on the attitude of the authorities
and threatened to go for a united agitation if their long pending issues
are not settled.While emphasizing the need for unity amongst the employees
belonging to all cadres ARTEE's initiative was appreciated by the supporting
ARTEE members on Hunger Strike to highlighted the injustice on the following
1. Upgradation of Helper from Group D to Group C
2. One Cadre One Pay
3. Implementation of ACP to all subordinate Staff.
4. Rs.5400/- Grade Pay for Assistant Engineer with 4yrs service in the
5. Rs. 4600/- Grade Pay for Engineering Assistant.
6. Restoration of abolished Post in Engineering Cadre and immediate recruitment.
7. Implementation of Cadre Review for Engineering Employees of AIR &
Shri Anil Kumar S, Shri Umesh Chand Sharma, and Kuldeep
Bhan called upon those present to be prepared for intensifying the agitation.
Following leaders from sister Association addressed the lunch hour gathering
i) Shri Sanjay Srivastava --PSA
ii) Shri P.N.Bhakta --ADEA
iii) Shri Kulbhusan Bhatia --ADTEA
iv) Shri N.K.Gemini --CCW Association
v) Shri V.N.Jha --AIR Group D
ANIL KUMAR S. UMESH CHANDRA SHARMA
(PRESIDENT) (GENERAL SECRETARY)